Today is my birthday (GEMINI GANG) and I wanted to write a quick post about 33 thoughts, things I know, have learned and aspire to do before my next birthday. Keep in mind these are coming at you live and unplanned. I’m such a gemini that way. I knew I wanted to write a post…even took dope pictures as you will see but I wanted this post to be organic. So here’s what I think, what I know, learned and what I want.
Lessons (What I think, what I know, what I’ve learned)
- You have to learn to be comfortable being alone.
- Be true to yourself
- Try everything you want to do even if you fail.
- Authenticity over everything…people will love you for it.
- You can drop the ball but pick that mf back up…ok?
- Forgive for yourself…not for the other person
- Have open dialogue with people that have hurt you
- Do what makes you feel good
- What people think about you…ain’t your business AT ALL
- Know that you don’t know it all and that’s ok
- It’s perfectly fine to love with all you have…even if you lose it
- Uplift your partner
- It’s o.k. to feel unhappy but don’t let anything steal your joy
- Elevation sometimes requires separation even from people you thought would never leave
- Keep your circle small… in the words of my best friend of over 20+ years people cool but they ain’t all real
- Self awareness is powerful
- Love the person that no matter how hard life gets, what it throws at you or what people think…can still make you laugh from the gut
- Your progress may be slow but if you quit that surely won’t speed it up
- In blogging and business, it won’t be perfect at first but you gotta keep showing up
- Procrastination is fear of failure. I’ve felt it and I can no longer let it keep me from achieving my best self or my dreams of being a successful blogger and boss babe.
So now that I’ve learned these lessons…here’s what I aspire to do.
Aspirations and Wants (Before my next birthday)
21. Continue to build my personal brand and start the DDJ store
22. Write whatever I want
23. Monetize my blog to the point where it’s bringing in consistent income
24. Become my healthiest weight yet
25. Achieve a 700 or higher credit score
26. Start the process for my buying my first home
27. Grow the reading levels of every student I teach
28. Read and complete a book on a monthly basis (minimum)
29. Become a supervisor in my Herbalife business
30. Save an $1,000 emergency fund (and leave it untouched🤦🏽♀️)
31. Finally finish my master’s degree
32. Love those around me….hard
33. I aspire to continue to take my lessons and experiences and shine them up into jewels for all of you!
Off to start my day and celebrate! Drop some birthday love in the comments!